he Trauma Kit NOW! is an emergency access EDC trauma kit that can be deployed with one finger, literally saving lives on the battlefield. The TKN is a first aid pouch that was designed to hold the contents of the Army IFAK but can be configured to almost any emergency medical loadout or tactical first aid kit.
The TKN consists of two main components – the outer MOLLE medical pouch with Helium Whisper Attachment System and a removable inner supply carriage. The outer pouch is slightly tapered to make for easy removal, despite how full or empty the inner carriage may be. The pouch mounts on a 3 x 3 MOLLE field and can fit on a battle belt or other first line defensan>
The inner supply carriage has been redesigned and constructed out of laser cut ULTRAcomp - saving weight and bulk over previous generations. The inner carriage consists of six rows of various sized heavy-duty elastic loops to keep medical essentials secure but visible. A center loop field can be used to secure pill packs or other smaller items with sticky hook tape (not included). A large pocket towards the bottom can fit a Quikclot bandage, chest seals, or other flatter supplies.
The inner carrier is deployed by pulling the tab with the ball detail up and out of the outer pouch. The design of the pouch combined with ball detail enables the Trauma Kit NOW! to be deployed with gloved hands in the dark, cold, or wet environments, or one finger if need be.
The top flap of the carriage uses hook and loop to close on the outer pouch or on itself when removed for passing off to a teammate in need. A single column of MOLLEminus slots on top are fully MOLLE compatible and provides a great location for a Single Pistol Pouch for a flashlight or multi-tool, or the Tourniquet NOW! Strap.
A cross indicator is laser cut on the top flap and can be changed to either red or black. The Trauma Kit NOW!™ ships with the black indicator already in place. Simply remove the ULTRAcomp® tab from the pouch flap to reveal the read underneath.
The Patented Helium Whisper® attachment system is compatible with all MOLLE platforms and built with a combat tested, high performance laminate - ULTRAcomp - that reduces weight up to 60% while equaling or exceeding the durability of 1000d CORDURA®.
The Ball Loaded Index Point, or BLIP for short, is an enhancement in the pouch lid that allows for positive grip with cold, wet, gloved hands, or for use in the dark. A small nitrile rubber ball is sewn into the pouch lid which saves weight over traditional lid tabs but provides a mechanical interference between the fingers allowing for consistent pouch opening in adverse conditions.
The Trauma Kit NOW is also sold to include medical supplies. The following list of supplies is provided with the kit...
- (2) pr Defender-T Nitrile gloves - These gloves are strong as steel, very long for coverage, and they are OD green so you can see blood on them.
- (1) STAT Tourniquet by STAT Medical Devices - This TQ is very easy to carry and operate. It performs self-aid easier and faster than anything else out there. This tourniquet is a game changer.
- (1) 4" OLAES Bandage by Tac Med Solutions - The OLAES provides a pressure bandage, an occlusive dressing, and wound-packing gauze all in one package.
- (2) HyFin Vent Chest Seals by North American Rescue.
- (1) Nasopharyngeal Airway with lube pack
- (1) Compressed Gauze for additional hemorrhage control or bandaging.
- (100") 2" Flat-fold Duct Tape
- (1) Compressed Elastic Wrap for additional wound wrapping and bandaging.
- (1) pr Trauma Shears to gain access to injuries.
- (1) TMS Combat Casualty Card by to record patient information.
- (1) Sharpie Marker
- (1) Medical Pouch that attaches to MOLLE or belt.
Quick Clot Combat Gauze LE Upgrade - Purchase & add Quick Clot Combat Gauze LE to your kit for the ultimate in hemorrhage control capability. This kit upgrade is cheaper than buying Quick Clot as a stand alone product.
SOF-T Wide Tourniquet Upgrade - Purchase and add a Tac Med Solutions SOF-T wide tourniquet in place of the standard STAT tourniquet in your IFAK.
Operator IFAK Contents Only - Purchase only the Operator IFAK medical supplies. No pouch provided.